Montag, 20. April 2020

New Year, new home

New Year, new home

Right after New Year’s Eve I had to take my flight from Switzerland to Turku. It was a hard goodbye. So I came to Turku the 1st of January 2020. 

I had a stopover in Amsterdam for three hours and had another flight from there to Helsinki. By train I went from Helsinki to Turku. The journey took me around 14 hours. I was glad that another girl from my home university also came to Turku to study for the spring term so we could do the journey together.

The first night we shared a cosy Airbnb in Turku because we couldn't move into our student housing because of an official holiday in Finland. We haven't got a long rest because the next day the orientation day already has started in the early morning. 

The first two to three weeks were really busy and challenging. I had to organize a lot of different things like the bus card, membership for the gym, the schedule for university and also my practical training place and move to my apartment in Student Village. 

The most difficult part was actually to get the information from my university in Turku about my courses. At the moment I have arrived in Turku till the end of January I haven't got any information about the courses, like at what day they or on what time they will be. It made it really difficult to schedule my stay here. I also felt kind of disappointed because I arrived so early and all the courses started around one to two months later. 

I had a lot of time to finish tasks for my home university, exploring the city, get to know new people and for doing a few trips which was also nice. But if you are also study at the University of Applied Sciences in Turku, I would recommend to move to Turku not that early and just skip the orientation days. There were a few information but you can also get it on another way. 

The first month I also needed to get familiar with the city and everything. In the early beginning of February I felt like I finally had arrived in Turku and my new home.
























Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Cultural awareness