Montag, 20. April 2020

Country cooking

Country cooking

During my exchange stay in Turku I improved my cooking skills in so many ways. I love to cook and finally I had enough time to cook almost every day. Besides, I also learnt how to cook food from foreign countries such as Poland, Russia, Mexico and France. In our floor we used to do a "country cooking" once or twice a month. My floor mates cooked each a very well known dish from their country.


My Swiss friend and I started with our country cooking and we cooked "Rösti and Spiegelei". The French friends made delicious crepes with different toppings, Russians made their famous Russian salad, Pizza and Scharlotka (that is a Russian apple pie), my Polish room mate prepared Pierogi and from Mexico I tried self-made tacos and enchiladas. It was always so much fun to cook together and see how it works to prepare this dishes.



Sometimes, on a Sunday afternoon, we also tried to cook real Finnish food, for example cinnamon rolls which were actually pretty tasty.
I love to explore food from other countries and it was the best way to get to know it.
At home I already tried to recook the dishes but it was still not that good that it should be. I have to improve my skills a little bit more.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Cultural awareness